When you first turn it on and connect it to your TV, one of the initial steps is to enter your Roku account email address and password or create one if you don’t already have one.
If you have multiple Roku devices, it’s usually best to use the same Roku account on all of them. This way, you can manage all your Roku channels and payments (if you subscribe to a streaming service with Roku) with one account.
Roku accounts offer free streaming alternatives to TV shows and movies, as well as material exclusive to the platform. The app supports live and on-demand streaming.
How to create a Roku account from a web browser
- Visit the Roku website in a web browser.
- Click Login in the upper right corner of the web page.
- On the right side of the page, click Create Account.
- Fill out the form by entering your name, email, password, date of birth, etc. Click Continue.
How to create a Roku account from the mobile app
If you prefer, you can create a Roku account using the Roku mobile app on iPhone or Android. The process is the same no matter what phone you’re using.
- Tap the user icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- On the next page, click Login.
- On the Login or Create Account screen, click Create Free Account at the bottom of the page.
- Enter details such as your name, email address, and password, then click Submit.
Is it a device or software?
Yes, both! Roku offers its technology Roku players, ranging in price from $25 to $180, with several variants in between, with stick-style devices that plug directly into your TV. Each player comes with the Roku Remote, a simple and convenient device that lets you explore your Roku’s on-screen display and manage to stream.
The phone’s Roku app can also be used to operate the device and search for content using the on-screen keyboard. Roku also integrates Roku OS into low-cost audio systems and the Streambar Pro, the company’s portfolio of premium soundbars and streaming devices. Thanks to Roku’s wireless connectivity, these soundbars can be built into a complete wireless sound setup.
Leave a Reply